comhead-th comhead-th comhead-th

Sunday, 7 February 2010

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS

"Happy Birthday Dear Cecilia"

Japanese Origami on the front.












Since Chinese New is just round the corner, I desired to give it an Oriental theme, full bloom peonies and butterflies signifying the arrival of spring time, filled the inside of the card "Gong Hei Fatt Choy!"






I belong to another group of  close friends ( all ladies again) and we called ourselves "The JoyLuck Club".
The purpose of our gatherings is nothing else but "food and chats".  So we always take the excuse to celebrate everyone's birthday, either lunch or dinner.  Let me tell you we have covered almost all restaurants in Kuala Lumpur.  My my  we are a notorious lot for always being the last group of customers to leave the restaurants, at times, we are so engrossed in our chit chatting that we very often reluctantly packed our bags and leave only when the lights are off or when the chairs of other tables are being stacked on top of tables. 

Recently on the 7th Of February 2010, I was given the assignment to handmade 2 birthday cards for my dear friend Puan Sri Cecilia Lim and Mdm Chai Kee. Hope you like the cards!

















My Dear  Chai Kee loves the colour of lavendar.  Not wanting to disappoint her, I tried sourcing for everything lavendar lavendar!  The front page is strewn with pretty little flowers with embroidered edges and so are the leaves ( cut from Primark pattern papers).  Again I created an Oriental theme, little pinky flowers called "Mei Hua" attracting numerous butterflies, its spring time!!  "Keong Hee Huat Chye" to you and your family!

No comments: