I have the affinity for making art on canvas due to the canvas texture. Before painting on canvas I would normally coat with gesso to have greater control of the painting surface and having it gesso-ed also helps to prevent paint from coming direct contact with the canvas fibers which will eventually cause the canvas to decay.
These are the various forms of mixed media on canvas:
A mixed media - acrylic paint over whole canvas, rubber stamped on gesso surface, spray on branch stencil, crackle paint, creating texture using packing tape prior stamping, picture printed on canvas sheet and etc...
I experimented the pouring effect technique with acrylic paint mixed with glazing medium. This increases the flow and leveling. The outcome were simply gorgeous - no painting required, easy peasy!!
Made the yellow paper using blended fibres mixed with acrylic paint and some dried flowers. Canvas surface gesso-ed before spraying glimmer mist and embellishments added.
First canvas piece, more of rubber stamping on acrylic paint.







No comments:
Post a Comment